What Does Video SEO Cost?
As the world’s second-largest search engine, YouTube offers brands unprecedented access to online viewers and potential customers. With video marketing, companies are able to drive traffic, leads, and sales through engaging video content.
But getting viewers to find and click on your videos isn’t always easy. Like every search engine, YouTube relies on its selective algorithm to determine which videos should rank high in the search results.
Optimizing your videos for video SEO is the surest way to increase your video rankings and attract viewers. How much does video SEO cost? Let’s find out…
What Affects the Cost of Video SEO?
There is no single set rate for video SEO because the cost depends on the unique needs of each brand and their YouTube channel.
Some brands are more involved with their video marketing and churn out several videos per week while others post one video per month. At the same time, some niches are more competitive than others and require a more aggressive optimization strategy.
Some factors that affect the cost of video SEO include:
- How often you post videos
- The competition level of the keywords you’re targeting
- The goal(s) of the videos (i.e. Where are you sending viewers?)
- Whether you are running YouTube ads
- How the video SEO specialist charges (per video, hourly, monthly, etc.)
The best way to get an accurate quote for video SEO is to contact a video SEO specialist and request a custom quote based on the needs of your business. They will consider the above factors to determine how much video SEO will cost for your channel.
Who Needs Video SEO?
Any brand that 1) invests in video marketing and 2) wants to generate more traffic from their videos will benefit from video SEO.
Unfortunately, it’s not enough to simply “publish and pray,” hoping for viewers to find your videos on their own. If you don’t optimize your videos with select keywords, optimize your video descriptions, and add relevant tags, then your videos are likely to get buried in the search results.
Whether you are a regular YouTuber, an e-commerce brand, a blogger, an agency owner, or any other type of business owner, if you’re posting videos online, you should consider investing in video SEO.
Budgeting for Video SEO
When you’re first getting started with video marketing, it may be difficult to scrape together a budget for video SEO – especially if your business/channel is not yet monetized.
But setting some money aside for video SEO can certainly help your videos generate more traffic so you can start driving revenue. In that case, video SEO is an investment you make so that you can start earning money for your channel.
Here are some tips when it comes to budgeting for video SEO:
- Consider subscribing to video SEO tools like TubeBuddy to conduct keyword research for your videos.
- Start small by hiring for video SEO for one video per month until you gain momentum.
- Monetize your videos as quickly as possible (through affiliate links, directing viewers to your product pages, etc.) to have more money to invest in your video marketing.
- Track the return on your investment (ROI) for your videos so you can accurately budget for future video SEO services.
- Know that video SEO – like Google SEO – can take a while to gain momentum. It is worth it to invest in video SEO from the beginning so you can see the best results from your videos.
What’s Included in Video SEO Services?
Most video SEO providers offer an all-in-one service for researching keywords for your videos and then optimizing your videos for those keywords.
You can, of course, find providers that specialize in a particular area of video SEO, but it’s often best to hire a single provider or agency to handle the entire optimization process.
The most important video SEO services include:
- Keyword Research. Includes the use of video SEO tools to find keywords worth targeting in your videos to attract the right kinds of viewers.
- Optimizing Video Titles. Use of target keywords in your video titles to rank in the search results and drive clicks.
- Optimizing Video Thumbnails. Design engaging video images to grab searchers’ attention and attract views.
- Optimizing Video Description. Optimization of video descriptions with target keywords, plus links to valued resources, your business website, landing pages, affiliate links, and more.
- Video Tag Research. Research and implementation of video “tags” to improve video rankings and increase visibility on YouTube.
Video SEO Cost Comparison
As with every other type of marketing, there are low to high tier video SEO service providers. Some video SEO specialists charge low rates (due to their location, lack of experience, etc.) while others charge much higher rates due to their expertise and track record of generating amazing results.
Obviously, what you’re able to spend on video SEO depends, to some extent, on your budget, but it’s worth seeing video SEO as an investment. Invest in high-quality services now and expect to see high-quality, revenue-generating results.
Video SEO Costs:
Low Tier Video SEO Services (Upwork, Fiverr): $20-$60 / hour
Mid Tier Video SEO Services (Freelancers/Contractors): $70-$150 / hour
High Tier Video SEO Services (Agencies, Consultants): $160+ / hour
Note that some video SEO professionals may charge per video, per project, or per month. Again, if you want to know how much video SEO will cost for your business, request a custom quote from a trusted video SEO provider.
Get Started with Video SEO
Video search engine optimization can help your videos reach more viewers, generate more revenue, and drive customers to your website. If you’re investing in your video marketing but not video SEO, you’re likely leaving traffic and leads on the table.
Since the cost of video SEO varies based on the unique needs of your business, it’s best to get a custom quote from a video SEO professional. At Hennessey Digital, we’ve helped countless businesses drive more traffic and customers through video SEO, and we’d be happy to help you with your video marketing!