Our team was here, there, and everywhere this month, with multiple conferences happening in the legal industry. From Mass Torts Made Perfect to marketing beyond the legal industry, the Hennessey Digital crew was well-represented at select events.
Each live event we attend has a distinct vibe and area of focus, and last week our team was at three separate events to educate others and strengthen relationships with clients, prospective customers, vendor partners, and friends.
We even made our debut at a new event. Read on to see where Hennessey Studios made a big splash!
MTMP Spring 2022
Hennessey Digital was well-represented at the MTMP Spring 2022 seminar, held at the Wynn in Las Vegas. In addition to the usual suspects, our CFO Michele Patrick and Senior Director of People Success Jill Wenk also attended the conference.
We love that MTMP is a relationships- and networking-focused event, and we got to catch up with many existing and future clients throughout the week. Our founder and CEO Jason Hennessey was particularly delighted to see Keith Givens, founder of MTMP and managing partner of The Cochran Firm, with a copy of Law Firm SEO in his hand as they saw each other in passing.
We teamed up with our friends at X Social Media for the event, and enjoyed talking with clients, friends, and fellow vendors on the exhibitor floor. But the most valuable conversations took place during meals, casual conversations, and parties throughout the week.
Hennessey Digital Director of Sales Brian Mossman met with lawyers to discuss law firm SEO and digital marketing at a poolside cabana, and we hosted a memorable four-hour dinner with clients and friends at on of the Wynn’s finest dining destinations, Lakeside.
Our President & COO Scott Shrum was even invited up on stage to assist illusionist David Blaine for a trick at the evening’s magic show event. Nothing compared to the SEO magic we produce for clients, but a thrilling moment for Scott and the team!
And once again, our friend Mikey came through for us with a dinner reservation at Carbone. (Thanks, Mikey!)
Mass Torts Made Perfect is without a doubt a favorite event series with our team, and it’s because it’s always a great time for lawyers and exhibitors to connect and have an awesome experience.
(And if you’re looking for our latest, check out our recap of the MTMP fall 2022 iteration!)
Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys
While the majority of our Hennessey Digital representation was at MTMP, Director of Business Development Rob Coleman manned our booth nearby at the ATAA New Trucking Lawyers Division Bootcamp event held at the Rio Hotel.
This bootcamp was devoted to attorneys new to the trucking accident practice area and provided attendees the resources and education they need to be successful. ATAA helps lawyers establish their path in the truck accident realm, teaching them the fundamentals and what it looks like to work a truck accident case and how to best serve clients.
Hennessey Digital values our partnership with ATAA group and we look forward to the 2022 ATAA Annual Symposium coming up this October in Austin.
B2B Marketing Expo
While Hennessey Digital’s executives and sales teams were in Vegas, our MarComms leadership team traveled to Los Angeles for the B2B Marketing Expo held at the LA Convention Center.
Billed as the number-one event in the U.S. for business marketing, the B2B Marketing Expo marked the official conference debut of Hennessey Studios. Jason Hennessey spoke about modern SEO tips on the first day of the event and fielded many great questions from marketers and business owners about SEO and what it can do for their businesses.
Senior Director of Marketing Cindy Kerber Spellman and I worked the booth, and it was a fantastic two days exhibiting and speaking with people about their businesses as we educated attendees on Hennessey Studios’ offerings.
Everyone loved our branding and giveaways (Hennessey Studios-branded packs of gum) We even had people taking selfies at the booth, which was an unexpected yet welcome surprise.
You never know who you’re going to meet (especially in LA) and the Expo did not disappoint. We enjoyed getting to know up-and-coming creative consultant, director and entertainment visionary Winston T. Marshall and his team, as well as Maika Le and Eric Wheelwright, whose innovative Smart Tech Menu platform is changing the dining experience for restaurants.
With every conference we attend, we like to reflect on the event and extract key themes and takeaways for our clients and partners. These are the “big ideas” from our April 2022 events:
- MTMP is one of the premier legal industry events for networking. Just like the National Trial Lawyers Summit, Mass Torts Made Perfect is primarily an event for socializing and connecting with new and old contacts in mass torts. If you’re an attorney who wants to see and be seen in this space, MTMP is the place to do it.
- AI is changing how law firms do business. As in every industry, artificial intelligence is revolutionizing the speed with which businesses can grow and adapt. We discovered through conversations at MTMP and ATAA that law firms are using AI in various facets of their firms, including human resources to help source and recruit new attorneys.
- The book Law Firm SEO is becoming Hennessey Digital’s calling card. We were thrilled to see Keith Givens with a copy—we even heard that Jason’s book is now required reading for lawyers who work for him! Law Firm SEO continues to be a valuable resource for lawyers and non-legal professionals to learn how to grow their businesses through search engine optimization.
- The big mass torts are Paraquat and baby formula recalls. Attorneys go to MTMP to find out about the next big mass tort before it gets announced. We learned that funding companies and private equity firms are soliciting firms to finance these cases for an investment stake, which is an interesting development we’ll continue to follow.
- Every business needs quality multimedia content. In conversations we had with business owners, entrepreneurs, marketers, and content creators at the B2B Marketing Expo, everyone agreed that quality video and audio content is necessary to attract and maintain an audience online. This is what Hennessey Studios is all about, and it was a thrill to share this with attendees.
Where We’ll Be Next
Look for us at Lanier Trial Academy in addition to other key events this summer before we gear up for a busy fall. Our schedule is packed and we’re excited to learn, connect, and deliver value at legal industry conferences through the end of 2022.
And later this month, the full Hennessey Digital leadership staff gathers in Austin for its biannual retreat and planning sessions. We’re boldly moving towards our Vivid Vision and we’re not showing any signs of slowing down.
We’ll be picking back up at live events this summer, but you can always catch us on social media. Follow our Instagram and see where we’ll be next!