Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing should be creative and organized and will implement positive marketing initiatives for our growing agency. The ideal candidate will be an effective collaborator and motivator who can lead a team of marketers to success. The Director is responsible for establishing marketing strategies that promote the agency’s products and service and lead the team that will be applying these strategies within budget and ensuring timely delivery.
The Director of Marketing works hand in hand with other teams to develop marketing strategies for launching new products and services as well as lead generation and promoting existing products and services. Oversees all digital marketing initiatives, designs, PR campaigns, advertising ventures, and organizes events to give the Business Development and marketing teams the opportunities to advertise agency products and services. The Director will identify the agency’s target audience and find innovative ways to connect with that audience.
The Director of Marketing’s responsibility is to develop and implement marketing and communication strategies, both internally and externally, that convey the agency’s brand, including social media efforts. This position will be tasked with coordinating the agency’s communication and marketing strategies to ensure consistency and synchronization throughout the marketing process. The Director of Marketing will also manage and head up agency branding, including internal/external brand awareness.
The Director will steer the marketing team’s daily activities and plan, lead, coordinate, and communicate marketing projects from start to finish. The Director will research and oversee agency merchandise purchases as well has develop budgets and monitor the finances for marketing projects. This person should be up to date on trends in marketing and consumer demands in order to keep the agency’s products competitive and relevant. The Director of Marketing will plan, organize, and oversee all trade show events and reporting as well as any internal agency events. Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 8 years working/managing in the marketing field
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing required
- A deep familiarity with the digital marketing space, preferably on the agency side (SEO, PPC, social media) is required
- Track record of building a brand following in social media and email
- Digital-first marketing experience, with fluency in other channels including conferences and trade shows
- A strong bias for taking action and making adjustments as you go
- The ability to work calmly, quickly, and confidently in a fast-paced team environment
- Comfort in experimenting with new tactics and channels
- An ability to both work in the “weeds” and write content, as well as take a step back and driving overall marketing strategy
- Experience creating and tracking goals for a team of marketers
- Fluency with analytics and quantitative analysis of results
- Since we’re a full-time work-from-home company, it is essential that you have a space where you can be productive all day long
- Attend conferences, meetings, conventions, and trade shows to stay current on market trends and new research and to cultivate business contact