Hennessey Digital, a leading search engine optimization (SEO) and digital marketing agency in North America, is seeking a highly organized, self-motivated SEO Content Writer to join its team. The ideal candidate for this role is a consummate team player who is an excellent storyteller, is self-driven, has a problem-solving mindset, and has at least two (2) years content writing experience.
We are a fully remote and highly collaborative team of digital marketing thought leaders located all over the country. We provide white-glove service to our clients, and we’re looking for a thoughtful team member who can ensure that all projects are delivered on time, on budget, and on strategy.
We’re a rapidly growing company, so it’s important that you have an entrepreneurial attitude, an embracing mindset toward change, and can manage/prioritize multiple concurrent projects.
The desired candidate will possess excellent organizational and communication skills—as well as be familiar with project management in a creative agency atmosphere.
The SEO Content Writer writes SEO optimized and relevant content for client companies’ websites for targeted audiences, including website landing pages, blog posts, FAQs, press releases, and other digital marketing collateral to help clients improve search engine ranking.
- Optimize current copy on a client’s website (page titles, Meta descriptions, h1s, anchor text, etc.)
- Draft new written content for website pages, blog posts, FAQs, guest posts, and other digital marketing collateral
- Rewrite poorly-performing or plagiarized content for client websites
- Add supplemental on-page SEO content to existing website pages and blog posts to improve search engine performance
- Work closely with other team members (Director of Content, CSO, copyeditor, SEO strategist) to analyze content optimization needs
- Conduct minor keyword or key phrase research
- Copyedit work of peer writers
- Other duties as assigned
- Effective grammar and communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- 2+ years marketing Preferred
- 2+ years SEO Experience Preferred
- 2+ years copyediting Preferred
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
- Bachelors Degree in English or Marketing Preferred.
Essential Physical Job Functions
This position is a remote position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.