Hennessey Digital, a leading search engine optimization (SEO) and digital marketing agency in North America, is seeking a highly organized, self-motivated Software Engineer I to join its team. The ideal candidate for this role is a consummate team player who is self-motivated, and passionate about online marketing.
We are a fully remote and highly collaborative team of digital marketing thought leaders located all over the world. We provide white-glove service to our clients, and we’re looking for a thoughtful team member who can ensure that all projects are delivered on time, on budget, and on strategy.
We’re a rapidly growing company, it’s important that you have an entrepreneurial attitude, an embracing mindset toward change, and can manage/prioritize multiple concurrent projects.
The desired candidate will possess excellent organizational and communication skills—as well as be familiar with project management in a creative agency atmosphere.
- Document and test new software applications
- Utilize custom theme word press development
- Assess new application ideas
- Develop applications and websites (coding, programming)
- Must have created at least 3 websites and be able to provide samples and/or a link to a GitHub portfolio
- Experience with front end and back end development
- Fluent in English
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Bitbucket
- Experience programming in different languages such as HTML, CSS, SCSS, JS, PHP
- Comfortable with scoping features and delivering the feature according to the agreed deadline with the project manager
- Ability to work in teams
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Experience in marketing, forum posting, link building and SEO is a plus