Senior Director of SEO
Hennessey Digital is looking for a strategic, team oriented, and motivated Senior Director of SEO. The Senior Director of SEO will develop and carry out SEO strategy and ensure the team is working efficiently through well-defined processes. This position is responsible for motivating our SEO team and making sure that our clients are blown away by our SEO work.
We are a fully remote and highly collaborative team of digital marketing thought leaders located all over the world. We provide white-glove service to our clients, and we’re looking for a thoughtful team member who can ensure that all projects are delivered on time, on budget, and on strategy.
As a rapidly-growing company, it’s important that you have an entrepreneurial attitude, a mindset that embraces change and can manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects. The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational and communication skills as a strong familiarity with project management in a creative agency atmosphere.
- Develop and carry out SEO strategies for clients that improve site and search performance
- Manage day to day operations of the SEO department including setting clear priorities and expectations for the team
- Attend client meetings and clearly explain our SEO strategies
- Create clean and clear SEO strategy deliverables to provide to clients
- Create methods for adding content (e.g., articles, videos) to search
- Experiment with models, features, and page layouts to improve our customer experience;
- Foster a culture of data and science-based experimentation within search and browse
- Develop a portfolio of tests that enable continuous innovation but respects the need for long-term investment
- Be a passionate voice for the power of relevance models, machine learning, and search analytics
- Setting product strategy, prioritizing features, building consensus, and coordinating feature releases along with internal and external communication
- Contribute to both short and long-term plans for the customer experience
- Take part in conferences and external activities while also staying up to date on the latest trends in all aspects of discovery (search, browse, UI, model development)
- Actively recruit and attract best-in-class talent
- 5 + years of experience leading teams or projects
- 5 + years of SEO and strategy experience
- Ability to utilize and explain systems such as Google Analytics, Google My Business, Screaming Frog, SEMRush, AHRefs, HTML, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, and repair programs
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Possess a strong analytical and technical background
- Open and friendly attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral, video, and written communications
- Ability to work with others collaboratively
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Or Computer Science (preferred) or minimum 5+ years of experience
Essential Physical Job Functions
This position is remote and requires the use of a computer. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear, utilize close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee may occasionally stand, walk, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.