Hennessey Digital, a leading search engine optimization (SEO) and digital marketing agency in North America, is seeking a highly organized, self-motivated person to join its team. The ideal candidate for this role is a consummate team player who is self-driven, has a problem-solving mindset, and has at least 4+ years of Engineering experience.
We are a fully remote and highly collaborative team of digital marketing thought leaders located all over the country. We provide white-glove service to our clients, and we’re looking for a thoughtful team member who can ensure that all projects are delivered on time, on budget, and on strategy.
As a rapidly-growing company, it’s important that you have an entrepreneurial attitude, a mindset that embraces change, and can manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects. The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational and communication skills as a strong familiarity with project management in a creative agency atmosphere.
The Engineering Manager will work closely with the CTO. Core hours for this role are 9am-2pm Pacific Time.
- Directly lead and manage the System team members (6) and structure to build and develop strong and business-oriented
- Proactive and responsive leader who is not afraid to jump in and help out when needed. Ability to delegate as needed
- Scope projects, determine deliverables, get project information from design, manage scheduling projects, manage backlogs, assign works and tasks related
- Design the architecture of complete web apps with the most modern hosting providers such as AWS or Google Cloud. Design the database structure, API endpoints, front end hosting
- Ensure work is completed at a high standard. Ensure team members are being held accountable to standards and deadlines. Support team members when they have trouble with requests
- Responsible for kick-off of assigned projects
- Weekly production meeting with the stakeholder
- Mentor and increase automation knowledge among relevant company employees (local and remote teams)
- Report defects found during testing on the test management system and track defect status periodically
- Suggest, design, and implement new processes and policies that Engineering can utilize to ensure we are delivering the best possible product
- Upholding our company values
- Other duties as assigned
- PHP and Python knowledge required
- Familiarity with WordPress preferred
- Proven ability to manage or leading projects or teams required, 2 years strongly preferred
- Open and friendly attitude
- Self-driven, has a problem-solving mindset
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, and repair features
- Ability to perform work with high quality and thoroughly
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Possess a strong analytical and technical background
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communications
- Ability to work with others collaboratively
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (preferred) or minimum 4+ years of experience in process engineering