Director of Client Services
Hennessey Digital, a leading search engine optimization (SEO) and digital marketing agency in North America, is seeking a highly organized, self-motivated Director to join its team. The ideal candidate for this role is a consummate team player who is self-motivated, and passionate about online marketing.
We are a fully remote and highly collaborative team of digital marketing thought leaders located all over the world. We provide white-glove service to our clients, and we’re looking for a thoughtful team member who can ensure that all projects are delivered on time, on budget, and on strategy.
We’re a rapidly growing company, it’s important that you have an entrepreneurial attitude, an embracing mindset toward change, and can manage/prioritize multiple concurrent projects.
The desired candidate will possess excellent organizational and communication skills—as well as be familiar with project management in a creative agency atmosphere.
Director of Client Services oversees activities of all client-facing team members and client-facing operations. The Director of Client Services assures a smooth and efficient operation of the department when managing and responding to internal and external requests, client-facing communications, and internal strategy execution on behalf of clients.
- Lead communications with new clients and be first point-of-contact on behalf of the company after signed contract execution
- Listen to the needs of all clients and translate to other teams and lead the client case study plan
- A fast-paced environment with weekly/bi-weekly/monthly client-facing video and audio communication
- Long-term client projects
- Manage client expectations
- Lead client-facing communications and meetings
- Lead resolution of escalated issues and advocate for client internally
- Define, develop, and maintain the client vision to the internal cross-functional team, as well as promoting internal products and services
- Collaborate with Vice President of SEO as the client evangelist to translate client business requirements into actionable strategies for teams to implement
- Work with project managers, client service managers, and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for deliverable timelines
- Work with project task execution and development teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the client strategy
- Inspire and motivate, as the client evangelist, the project task execution and development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with pace, efficiency, and an appropriate sense of urgency
- Act as an ambassador for the client strategy internally and externally, and as the primary internal contact for strategy queries related to client-facing communication
- Work with Vice President of SEO to ensure successful strategy execution
- Oversee and/or provide regular updates to clients on the progress of projects and campaigns that directly affect each client
- Develop open and effective channels of communication with each client that can be employed by other departments
- Coordinate internal communications directly relating to client-facing communications as to effectively convey our story of project task execution
- Maintain client retention at or near 100%.
- Encourage revenue growth by inspiring clients to purchase additional products and services, with the incentive plan as described below
- Become the reliable point of contact for each client that is required to establish a strong business relationship
- Minimum of five (5) years experience working in SEO and/or digital marketing
- An up-to-date understanding of Organic Search Engine Optimization, PPC, Social Media, and Content Marketing
- Excellent relationship building skills and extremely personable demeanor
- Highly-organized, detail-oriented and positive attitude
- Excellent storyteller
- Strong sense of urgency to fulfill internal and client needs
- Proven project management skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Docs
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics and similar analytics packages
- Working knowledge of SEMrush, Ahrefs, Moz, or other SEO tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort in dealing with executives and other top-level decision-makers
- Able to handle stressful situations and deadlines well
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
Essential Physical Job Functions
This position is a remote position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.