Hennessey Digital, a leading search engine optimization (SEO) and digital marketing agency in North America, is seeking a highly organized, self-motivated person to join its team. The ideal candidate for this role is a consummate team player who is self-driven, has a problem-solving mindset, and has at least 1 year of Accounting Assistant experience.
We are a fully remote and highly collaborative team of digital marketing thought leaders located all over the country. We provide white-glove service to our clients, and we’re looking for a thoughtful team member who can ensure that all projects are delivered on time, on budget, and on strategy.
We’re a rapidly growing company, it’s important that you have an entrepreneurial attitude, and embracing mindset toward change, and can manage/prioritize multiple concurrent projects.
The desired candidate will possess excellent organizational and communication skills—as well as be familiar with project management in a creative agency atmosphere. The Accounting Assistant will prepare financial reports to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
- Maintain Monthly, Quarterly, Annual Payroll Tax Filings and Payments (State and Federal)
- Resolve State and Federal Payroll Tax inquiries or issues
- Review Vendors/Contractors for W9’s and acquire if needed
- Light Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable duties
- Maintain accurate records of receipts, invoices, bills, expenses, monthly statements, etc.
- Coding Expenses – monitoring employee expense reports
- Create and maintain detailed P&L reports by department
- State payroll tax registrations with new State Departments of Labor and Departments of Revenue
- Data Entry
- Assist with general Accounting duties and special projects
- Minimum 1-2 years experience
- Min 1 year of Quickbooks experience
- Federal, State, and Local Payroll Tax Experience
- Attention to Detail
- Knack with numbers and figures
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting or related field from a four-year college or university